Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interruptions

I'm sitting here about to head to bed. I always think way too much before bed. Well tonight, I was thinking: Millvina Dean is the last remaining survivor of the Titanic, and she was only 10 weeks old. Therefore, she doesn't remember anything except what her parents/siblings have told her. I've always wanted to meet someone historically famous, but not to be rude or disrespectful, what's the point in meeting them? They'll just repeat what every history textbook or documentary already has a detailed account of. I'd rather be the person that comes in to meet them, but I'd explain myself. I'd probably start off an introduction with: "I'm Mallory, and I'm sure three dozen of other people have already spoken to you today about the sinking of the Titanic and you're role in that historic event. I'm not sure what your personality is like, but if I was in your situation, I would become tired of constantly repeating one event over and over. So I'm here to be your listener. Anything you want to tell me, about your day, about last week, anything at all." I'd hate to recollect one event for the majority of my life. It seems as if its a tidbit monotonous, not to mention contradictory if your goal is to move forward in life. People say not to dwell on the past, except human curiosity causes us to force others to plunge into past events. (No pun intended.) Others say if you don't learn history, it will repeat itself. There has to be a balance somewhere. A balance between erasing the past completely and repeating it to the point it becomes a drag to think about. I really need to sleep, its way too late for me to be up, good thing tomorrows an easy day.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments:

Post a Comment